- When you call to schedule your or your child’s first visit, Ingrid, the office manager will ask you several questions about your reasons for seeking therapy, your insurance, and your availability.
- Ingrid will relay this information to Greater Hartford Wellness’ clinicians who will determine, based on current caseloads, goodness of fit.
- After goodness of fit has been determined, Ingrid will schedule your initial appointment during one of the open slots Greater Hartford Wellness has available for new clients. Currently, new clients may be seen Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
BEFORE YOUR 1ST APPOINTMENT
- Please complete the intake paperwork that is emailed to you. If you cannot access the file or have trouble printing, this paperwork will be available in the waiting room. Please arrive early if you need to complete the paperwork.
- Please bring with you any behavioral health records or reports if you have them.
- 60 minutes for assessment and discussion about what brings you to treatment.
- You will be asked a number of questions; your questions are welcomed at this time.
- This meeting determines if your clinician is someone you can trust and can see yourself working with.
Having a good fit between you and your clinician is essential to establishing a trusting relationship.
AFTER THE INITIAL MEETING
- If you feel you and your clinician are a good match, we can schedule regular appointments.
- As best practice, releases of information are requested from your other health care providers to coordinate care and provide the best care possible.
- Typically 45 minutes.
- Frequency is based on a multitude of factors that are discussed at the initial meeting.
If you choose to, you may fill out intake paperwork in advance of your appointment by clicking on the appropriate link on the right side of the screen. The forms are fill-able PDFs so you will need a form reader installed on your computer to download and a printer to print the forms when they are complete. Please bring them to your first appointment.
Forms will be made available at the first visit if you have trouble filling them out or printing.